4 medium apples
2 tsp of lemon juice
2 tsp of butter
½ c brown sugar
2 c of DCD Cinnamon Almond Granola
1 Large egg white
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup apple cider
- Preheat oven to 365°F.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Trim off top and bottoms of apples. Carefully cut out apple cores with a paring knife or melon baller leaving bottoms intact. Place apples in an 8-inch square or round baking dish. Brush peeled parts of apples with 1 tablespoon butter mixture.
- Pulse granola in a food processor until it forms coarse crumbs. Add egg white, remaining butter mixture, vanilla, cinnamon, brown sugar; pulse until just combined.
- Spoon the granola mixture into apples, roughly 4 TBSP per apple, don’t pack apples just lightly lay in core and on top. Pour cider into baking dish around apples.
- Bake the apples until tender and filling is puffed and lightly browned, 50 to 60 minutes. (Cover apples loosely with foil if browning too quickly.) Cool in the pan for about 30 minutes, serve warm.