1 can of Black beans (15 ounces) inter change chick peas, white beans or kidney beans
6 tbsp quick oats
1 cup Quinoa Cooked
3 tbsp onion minced
1 large clove garlic chopped
1 cup chopped mushroom
5 tsp DCD Caribbean Seasoning Blend
3 tbsp diced green chili (can be from a can)
2 tsp Kosher Salt
1 large egg/ 1 egg white – whisked to homogeneous
3 tbsp Coconut Oil
2 tsp Lime Juice
- Sauté onion, mushroom, green chili, garlic in the 1 of the coconut oil.
- Puree half of the bean mixture with the dry oatmeal, lime juice salt and cooked onion mixture from step 1. Puree until all mixed well.
- Combine other half of beans with cooked quinoa and whisked eggs.
- Combine all ingredients together in bowl and mix with hands thoroughly.
- Make 6-8 patties and let chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- If needed, add a bit more quinoa or oats to bind together.
- Pan fry in 2 of coconut oil over medium heat until golden brown on both side and cooked well through.