4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1/3 cup DCD White Chocolate Martini Mix
½ tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
2 puff pastry sheet, thawed
Your favorite fruit jam/jelly
- Whisk together cream cheese, DCD White Chocolate Martini Mix, vanilla, and salt to form filling. Note: it will look “broken” at first, just keep whisking until it comes together
- On a floured surface, roll pastry to 12×9 inches and cut into six equal sized pieces. Do the same for the second pastry sheet.
- Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Using a fork, dock (poke holes) the middle of each piece of puff pastry leaving a ¾ inch un-docked boarder. (see photo)
- Whisk egg with 1 tsp water to form an egg wash; brush un-docked boarder with egg wash.
- Place 1 Tablespoon of filling into middle of puff pastry, spread with spoon up to the egg wash boarder. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 mins.
- While danish is chilling, heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Bake danish until golden brown; about 14-16 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool for 5 minutes, dust with powdered sugar, and put a small scoop of your favorite jam/jelly into the middle.
- Mix 1/3 cup DCD White Chocolate Martini Mix with ¾ cup Dove Buttercream Frosting Mix to form a glaze; drizzle on pastry.
- For an extra decadent pastry, sprinkle chopped Dove White Chocolate onto a still warm pastry!
- Don’t forget to top your danish with chopped fresh seasonal fruit!
- Saving a danish for the next day? Reheat the pastry in a 350 degree oven for 3-5 minutes to get back that flaky crust!