· 1 prepared pizza crust dough
· Your favorite olive oil
· 1-2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked/grilled
(or 6-8 oz. shredded rotisserie chicken)
· 2-3 teaspoons DCD Sweet ‘N’ Spicy Cocoa Rub
· 1 bottle DCD Sweet ‘N’ Smoky Chocolate Barbecue Sauce
· ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
· 6 oz. mozzarella cheese, grated
· 2 oz. cheddar cheese, grated
· small handful cilantro, chopped
1. Preheat grill to medium-high. Roll and stretch out dough and lightly brush both sides with olive oil. Place dough gently on grill and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until lightly charred. Remove crust from grill and place onto pizza stone.
2. Chop cooked chicken into strips and toss in a small bowl with Cocoa Rub and ⅓ cup of the BBQ Sauce.
3. Spread a thin layer of BBQ Sauce onto the pizza onto the pizza crust, then top with the onions and a thin layer of both cheeses. Next, top with chicken and the remaining cheese. Drizzle a small amount of olive oil on the pizza.
4. Place pizza stone onto grill and cook for approximately 10 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and golden brown. Carefully remove the pizza stone from the grill, and place onto a heatproof surface. Sprinkle with cilantro, slice and enjoy!
**If you’d like to spice it up, drizzle DCD Chipotle Hot Sauce.
* Depending on the temperature of the grill, the cooking time will vary, so it’s best to keep an eye on the pizza.