· 4 oz. DCD Chef-Series Dark Chocolate
(2 bars), chopped
· 2 cups heavy cream, divided
· 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
· 1 tablespoon Chambord or Kahlua liqueur, optional
· 2 packets DCD Mousse Mix
· 4 oz. DCD Chef-Series White Chocolate (2 bars)
· 4 oz. DCD Chef-Series Dark Chocolate (2 bars)
1. To make first layer (ganache), place 4 oz. chopped dark chocolate into a medium bowl. In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring ½ cup heavy cream to a boil. Immediately pour over chocolate, and let sit for 2 minutes. Add corn syrup and stir together until smooth, mixing in liqueur if desired. Set aside.
2. Prepare dark chocolate mousse. Place contents of 1 DCD Mousse Mix packet and ¾ cup heavy cream into a bowl and whip with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Set aside.
3. Melt remaining dark chocolate in a microwave at 20-second intervals, stirring in between until smooth, and immediately pour into the whipped cream. Mix vigorously with the Silicone Spatula until mousse is thoroughly combined and uniform in color.
4. Prepare white chocolate mousse the same way as the dark, using the second Mousse Mix
packet and replacing the dark chocolate with the white chocolate.
5. Spoon 1 tablespoon chocolate ganache into each shot glass, and layer approximately 2
tablespoons dark chocolate mousse, followed by 2 tablespoons white chocolate mousse. Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with chocolate shavings.
MAKES 10-12 SHOOTERS.