Yields 4 to 6 servings
1 Tbsp Canola Oil
1 ½ pounds Beef Chuck, cubed (approximately one inch pieces)
2 tsp DCD Sweet ‘N’ Spicy Cocoa Rub
3 cloves Garlic, minced or chopped based on personal preference
1 large Onion, diced
2 sprigs fresh Thyme
1 Bay Leaf
2 Carrots, peeled, cut into rounds approximately ½ inch thick
1 can Tomato Paste
1 bottle Guinness Extra Stout
1 liter Beef Broth
2 Tbsp DCD Red Wine Cooking Sauce
3 large Potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
¼ cup DCD Pure Dark Baking Rounds
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Coat Beef Chuck cubes with Canola oil and DCD Sweet ‘N’ Spicy Cocoa Rub and mix until evenly coated.
- In a large pot, over medium-high heat, brown beef on both sides. Tip: You want the beef to sear instead of seam. You can prevent steaming by leaving space between pieces and turning over pieces individually rather than stirring.
- Add garlic and onions to the pot and allow to sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Add Thyme, Bay Leaf and Carrots and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add Tomato Paste, Guinness Stout, Beef Broth and Red Wine Cooking Sauce. Stir until well incorporated.
- Bring to boil and then reduce heat and simmer for one hour. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking and burning.
- Add potatoes and cook for another hour.
- Check Beef and potatoes for tenderness. Beef should be moist and easy to chew. Continue cooking until Beef is tender. If stew is too thick, more Beef Broth can be added.
- Add Pure Dark Baking Rounds when stew has finished cooking. Stir well.
- Add Salt and Pepper to taste.
Categories: View All