- 5 pounds McIntosh. Granny Smith or Macoun apples
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cups DCD White Chocolate Baking Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 2 sticks cold unsalted butter, diced
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Generously apply butter to the bottom and sides of a 9×13” baking dish.
- Peel, core, and cut the apples into slices. Combine the apples with the brown sugar, spices and lemon juice and pour into baking dish.
- For the topping, combine the White Chocolate Baking Mix, salt, oatmeal, and cold butter in the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment. Mix on low speed until the mixture is crumbly and the butter is the size of peas. Spread evenly over the top of the apples.
- Place the pan on a sheet pan and bake for 1 hour until the top is golden brown and the apples are bubbly. Serve warm.
The apple portion can be replaced with three cans of apple pie filling if desired.
Top with White Chocolate Sauce or Chardonnay Caramel Sauce to really kick it up!!
Categories: View All