- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon DCD Sweet n’ Spicy Cocoa Rub
- 1/8 garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounce) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup DCD Dark Chocolate Red Wine Cooking Sauce
Time saver: Open a jar of our Cocoa Roma Pasta Sauce and call it a day!
- Mix hamburger, rice, ½ cup water, onion, salt, garlic powder, DCD Sweet n’ Spicy Cocoa Rub and pepper.
- Shape mixture by rounded tablespoons into 12 balls or 24 mini meatballs.
- Cook meatballs in skillet until brown on all sides, drain.
- Mix remaining ingredients; pour over meatballs.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 45 minutes. (Add additional water during cooking if necessary).
- Serve over buttered egg noodles.