This dinner enhances classic Italian dishes with the essence of chocolate. Featuring Cocoa Roma Pasta Sauce, Cocoa Spice Garlic Bread, Kale & White Bean Salad, and refreshing White Chocolate Raspberry Italian Soda.
Cocoa Roma Pasta Sauce & Meatballs
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 pound meatballs
2 tsp. DCD Sweet ‘n’ Spicy Cocoa Rub
1 jar DCD Cocoa Roma Pasta Sauce
1 pound spaghetti, cooked al dente
1. In a large pan over medium heat, coat pan with olive oil. Add meatballs and sprinkle with Cocoa Rub, cook thoroughly.
2. Reduce heat to low and add DCD Cocoa Roma Pasta Sauce. Simmer for 15 minutes. Serve over spaghetti and enjoy!
Cocoa Spice Garlic Bread
1 loaf Italian bread
6 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. DCD Sweet ‘n’ Spicy Cocoa Rub
2 Tbsp. garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, combine butter, Cocoa Rub, garlic and parsley.
3. Split bread in half lengthwise and spread mixture evenly over bread.
4. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly toasted. Cut into large pieces and serve.
Kale & White Bean Salad
6 cups kale, washed, stemmed, and chopped
1 can (15.5oz) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
4 oz Genoa Salami, diced
½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
2/3 cup DCD White Chocolate Lemon Peppercorn Dressing
salt & pepper, to taste
1. Combine kale, beans, salami, and parmesan cheese in a large bowl. Toss with DCD White Chocolate Lemon Peppercorn 2. Dressing and season with salt and pepper
White Chocolate Raspberry Italian Soda
1 packet DCD White Chocolate Raspberry Daiquiri Mix
1 cup hot water
4 cups lemon-lime soda
1. In a pitcher, whisk together Daiquiri Mix and hot water.
2. Slowly add lemon-lime soda and whisk gently to combine.
3. Serve over ice and garnish with a colorful straw!