Cocoa Beef Bourguignon
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
2 – 2 ½ pounds boneless chuck roast, cut into 1” cubes
2 Tbsp. DCD Sweet ‘n’ Spicy Cocoa Rub
salt and pepper, to taste
1 large onion, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
8 oz fresh mushrooms, stemmed and chopped
1 jar DCD Dark Chocolate Red Wine Cooking Sauce
chopped parsley, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 300° Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium high heat. Dry beef cubes with paper towel and sprinkle with Cocoa Rub and salt.
2. Sear beef in the hot oil, turning to brown on all sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. Add the onion, carrots and mushrooms into the pot and cook for 7-10 minutes, until lightly browned. Season with Cocoa Rub and salt, then and add the browned meat and Cooking Sauce to the pot and bring to a simmer.
4. Cover and place in the oven for 2 ½ to 3 hours, until the meat and vegetables are very tender when pierced with a fork. Serve garnished with chopped parsley, if desired.
Roasted Balsamic Green Beans
1 pound green beans, rinsed and trimmed
¾ cup DCD Chocolate Fig Balsamic Vinaigrette
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400° In a large bowl, toss green beans with Balsamic Vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper.
2. Pour beans onto a baking pan lined with aluminum foil and roast for 15-20 minutes, or until ends of green beans are golden brown. Serve!
Cocoa Roasted Potatoes
3 pounds small red potatoes
¼ cup olive oil
1-2 Tbsp. DCD Sweet ‘n’ Spicy Cocoa Rub
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cut the potatoes in half or quarters and place in a bowl with the olive oil, cocoa rub, salt, and garlic; toss until the potatoes are well coated.
3. Transfer the potatoes to a sheet pan and spread out into 1 layer. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until browned and crisp. Flip twice with a spatula during cooking in order to ensure even browning.
4. Remove the potatoes from the oven, toss with parsley, season to taste, and serve hot.
Parisian Hot Chocolate
2 cups milk
8 Tbsp. DCD Truffle Fudge Hot Chocolate Mix
¼ cup heavy cream
1-2 teaspoons powdered sugar
2 Pure Dark Sea Salt Rounds
1. In a small saucepan, warm milk over medium-low heat. Whisk in Hot Chocolate Mix and reduce heat to low.
2. In a small bowl, whip together heavy cream and powdered sugar until soft peaks form.
3. Divide Hot Chocolate Mixture into 2 mugs and top with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream and a Pure Dark Round. Enjoy.