2 cups DCD Red Velvet Baking Mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup milk
1 batch White Chocolate Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting, recipe follows
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, combine Pancake Mix, vegetable oil, eggs and milk. Whisk vigorously to combine.
2. Drop liners into cupcake pans and fill each cavity ½ full of batter. Bake for 14-16 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out almost clean.
3. Remove cupcakes from oven and let cool. Scoop frosting into a freezer zipper bag and snip off the corner. Pipe hearts onto the cupcakes, or frost regularly and serve!
*Chef’s Tip: Make ‘heart’ shaped cupcakes by dropping a marble or small foil ball between the cupcake liner and the cupcake pan. Bake as directed.
White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
2 sticks butter, softened
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 bars DCD Chef Series White Chocolate, melted and cooled
4 cups powdered sugar
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and cream cheese. Add powdered sugar stirring with a spatula to thoroughly combine.
2. Add vanilla and white chocolate and combine. Reserve frosting for cupcakes.