2 cups Red Velvet Buttermilk Pancake Mix
2/3 cup milk
4 tablespoons butter
1 batch White Chocolate Cream Cheese Icing, recipe follows
1 batch Dark Chocolate Ganache, recipe follows
½ cup pomegranate seeds, optional
1. In a bowl, mix together Pancake Mix, egg, butter and milk until the batter is just combined. Batter will be thick, do not over mix.
2. Warm griddle over medium heat. Lightly grease griddle with nonstick cooking spray or butter. Pour about 1/3 cup of batter onto a large nonstick griddle or each pancake. Cook until bubbles form on top and batter is set, about 2-3 minutes. Flip pancake over and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
3. Assemble cake by placing a pancake down onto a rimmed serving dish or platter. Spread with a generous layer of White Chocolate Cream Cheese Icing, and then top with a second pancake. Repeat this process with remaining pancakes.
4. Top cake with Dark Chocolate Ganache, starting at the center of the cake and working outward. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds, if desired. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until set. Slice and serve.
White Chocolate Cream Cheese Icing Recipe
8 oz cream cheese, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 bars (4 oz) DCD Chef Series White Chocolate, melted
1. Mix together cream cheese, powdered sugar, milk and vanilla.
2. Stir in melted white chocolate. Reserve for pancake cake.
Dark Chocolate Ganache Recipe
1 cup heavy cream
4 bars (8 oz) DCD Chef Series Dark Chocolate, chopped
1. Pour chopped chocolate into a small bowl. In a small saucepan, heat cream over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and pour over chopped chocolate.
2. Allow to sit for 1 minute, then whisk until smooth.
3. Allow to cool slightly before using.
Categories: View All