A “peppermint twist” on our classic and delish brownie!
— Makes approx. 16 2-inch brownies
– 1 box DCD Truffle Fudge Brownie Mix
– 1 stick butter
– 2 eggs
– ¼ cup heavy cream
– ½ teaspoon mint extract
– 4-5 candy canes, lightly crushed
– Prepare Brownie Mix as directed on box, reserving 2/3 cup of the baking bits included in the box. Let brownies cool.
– In a microwave safe bowl, heat heavy cream and 2/3 cup reserved baking bits at 30-second intervals until smooth and creamy, whisking between each interval. Stir in mint extract.
– Pour melted chocolate mixture over brownies in an even layer. Sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Cut into 16 2-inch squares.