· 1 cup sugar
· ½ tsp. salt
· 3 large eggs
· 2 large egg yolks
· 1¾ cups heavy cream
· 1 cup DCD Dark Sipping Chocolate
· 2/3 cup irish cream liqueur (recommended: Bailey’s®)
· 2 bars (4 oz.) DCD Chef-Series Dark Chocolate, melted
· ¼ cup DCD Chardonnay Caramel Sauce, optional
1. Add 2-3 inches of water to a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and top with a larger heatproof bowl, ensuring the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the simmering water.
2. Pour sugar, salt, eggs and egg yolks into the bowl and begin whisking frequently until the mixture reaches 165°F, about 5-7 minutes. Let cool for 20 minutes.
3. In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to whip heavy cream, Sipping Chocolate and liqueur to stiff peaks.
4. Fold whipped cream mixture into egg mixture. Fold in melted chocolate. Pour into a 9×13-inch glass baking dish and swirl in Caramel Sauce, if desired. Freeze for 1-2 hours, until semi-firm. Cover with plastic wrap and aluminum foil and freeze for an additional 1-2 hours, until solid. Scoop and serve.