· 1 tsp. unsalted butter
· 2-3 tsp. light brown sugar
· 1 ripe but firm banana, peeled and cut into 1-inch slices
· 1 packet DCD Frosty White Smoothie Mix
· ¾ cup milk
· 2 cups ice
· Shaved/Grated DCD Chef Series Chocolate, for garnish
1. In small skillet over medium heat, add butter and sugar. Once butter is melted, lay the banana slices in the pan. Cook until sugar dissolves and bananas are beginning to brown and caramelize,about 3 minutes. Using a flat spatula, flip the banana slices and cook the other side for 1 minute until caramelized. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
2. In a blender, combine the Smoothie Mix, milk, and caramelized bananas. Blend until well-incorporated. Add ice and blend thoroughly until smooth and thick.
3. Divide the smoothie between 2 -3 glasses and garnish with shaved chocolate, if desired.
Yield: 2-3 servings
Chef’s Tip: Try substituting in Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Smoothie Mix in place of the Frosty White!