– 1½-2 lbs. chicken thighs or breasts, boneless and skinless
– 2 tablespoons DCD Sweet ‘N’ Spicy Cocoa Rub
– ½ cup DCD Chocolate Fig Balsamic Vinaigrette
– 2 tablespoons soy sauce
– 1-2 cups panko breadcrumbs
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
– DCD Sweet ‘N’ Smoky Chocolate BBQ Sauce, for dipping
1. Slice chicken into strips. In small bowl, whisk together rub, vinaigrette and soy sauce. Pour into a large plastic freezer bag. Add chicken strips and seal bag. Mix with your hands to ensure all chicken is coated in marinade.
2. Refrigerate chicken strips for 2-3 hours. Pour breadcrumbs onto a medium plate. Coat both sides of chicken strips in breadcrumbs and set aside.
3. Heat a large nonstick saute pan on medium heat for 3 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon oil and swirl pan on medium heat for 3 minutes. Add chicken strips to pan in one layer, cooking for 1-2 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, until cooked through. Place cooked chicken onto plate lined with paper towel, and repeat cooking with remaining chicken strips, wiping out the pan and using fresh oil after every batch.
4. Pour DCD BBQ Sauce into a small ramekin and use as a dipping sauce for chicken strips.