– 1 (15 oz) jar pinto beans (refried beans will work in a pinch)
– 1/2 cup sour cream
– 1 Tbsp. DCD Sweet ‘n’ Spicy Cocoa Rub
– 1/2 cup DCD Dark Chocolate Red Wine Cooking Sauce
– Juice of 1/2 lime
– 1/2 tsp. salt (add more to taste)
– 6-8 oz Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
– 1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth (approx. 30-60 seconds)
3. Taste, and add salt if needed.
4. Divide into several ramekins or small glass Pyrex dishes. Top with shredded cheese, and bake for 13-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
5. Let cool and serve with tortilla chips. Chef’s Tip: If you like your bean dip more creamy, add an additional 4 oz of cream