· 1 box DCD White Chocolate Blondie Mix
· 1 stick butter, softened
· 2 eggs
· 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
· 6 Tbsp. butter
· ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
· 1 Tbsp. bourbon
· 3 Tbsp. DCD Chardonnay Caramel Sauce
· 2 tsp. vanilla extract
· 3 bars (6 oz) DCD Chef-Series Dark Chocolate, chopped
· 3 Tbsp. heavy cream
· ½ tsp. flaky sea salt
· 1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
· DCD Offset Spatula
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare DCD White Chocolate Blondie Mix batter as directed on pouch. Pour batter into a greased 9 x 13-inch glass baking pan and bake for 36-40 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool completely.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together condensed milk, butter, brown sugar, bourbon and Caramel Sauce until mixture comes to a boil. Turn heat to medium-low and, using a candy thermometer, gently boil mixture until it reaches 225°F, whisking constantly (about 7-8 minutes).
3. Remove caramel from heat and add vanilla, stirring until thoroughly mixed. Pour caramel over crust and spread evenly with the Offset Spatula. Cool completely.
4. Melt chocolate and cream together in microwave at 20-second intervals, stirring in between until smooth. Spread chocolate over cooled caramel layer, and sprinkle with salt and chopped toasted pecans. Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.
5. Cut into 1-inch squares and serve.
To toast nuts, spread in an even layer in a dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, shaking the pan or stirring occasionally, until fragrant and browned, about 3-5 minutes.