· 1 cup sugar
· 2 sticks butter
· ¼ cup water
· ½ teaspoon salt
· 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
· 4 bars (8 oz) Dove Chocolate Discoveries™ Chef-Series Dark Chocolate
· ¾ cup Dove Chocolate Discoveries™ Milk Chocolate Cinnamon Dusted Almonds, finely chopped
1. Line a 9×13-inch pan with foil. Butter the bottom and sides of the foil. In a 3-quart saucepan, combine sugar, butter, water, and salt. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Continue cooking and stirring frequently until a candy thermometer reads 275°F. Lower heat to medium and continue cooking until candy thermometer reaches 300°F. The mixture will be caramel colored.
2. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour mixture into prepared pan and refrigerate for 30 minutes until cool and hardened.
3. Melt chocolate in the microwave at 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Spread half of the melted chocolate over the cooled toffee with an offset spatula. Sprinkle with half of the chopped almonds. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Once set, turn toffee over and spread with the remaining melted chocolate and chopped almonds. Refrigerate for another 30 minutes. Break into pieces and enjoy!