· 12 oz. cream cheese, softened
· ½ cup sugar
· 2 eggs
· 1 egg yolk
· 1 tsp. vanilla extract
· 3 bars (6 oz) DCD Chef-Series Dark Chocolate, melted
· 3 tablespoons heavy cream
· 1 Tbsp. DCD Dark Sipping Chocolate
· 1 tsp. hot water
· 1 store-bought 9-inch chocolate cookie pie crust
· 8 oz. sweetened whipped cream or prepared whipped topping
· 1 bar (2 oz) DCD Chef-Series Dark Chocolate, shaved for garnish
· ½ jar DCD Merlot Fudge Sauce, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 300°F. In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula, and continue beating for another 2-3 minutes, removing all lumps.
2. While mixing, add in eggs, egg yolk and vanilla. Beat for 1 minute, and scrape down the sides of the bowl. In the microwave, melt chocolate at 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
3. Pour in the melted chocolate, heavy cream and Sipping Chocolate and mix thoroughly.
3. Fill the pie crust with cheesecake batter and smooth to even surface with offset spatula. Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes, or until the perimeter of the cheesecake is set, with the center still wobbly.
4. Let cheesecake cool completely before refrigerating. Refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours before serving, overnight is best. Slice into 8-10 pieces, and garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and dark chocolate shavings or drizzle with Merlot Fudge Sauce. Store covered in refrigerator.